An online retailer of sports and healthy nutrition Aktin manages logistics using a warehouse software LOKIA WMS by CCV Information systems which has significantly helped to increase the productivity of logistics. That has enabled...
ERP system Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) is an enterprise solution that enables you to improve your business processes. It is meant for small and medium-sized businesses. Focusing closely on our consultants within the industry has given rise to a customisable ERP system, specifically catering to the needs of your business.
Many companies rely on Microsoft Dynamics NAV for the management of their enterprise, from finance, through manufacturing, warehouses and logistics, to management analyses and reports. Version 2015 contains a series of software improvements, which allow the effective control and monitoring of business processes.
Its new features enable employees to make better decisions
- Better project management is now available, with fixed pricing in the budget, which constitutes expected source consumption and an agreed invoiced price. Item tracking has also been improved and the budget structure has been extended to comply with all legal demands.
- The increased transparency of purchase costs is another new feature. This has been achieved through the improved listing of intercompany costs, including the option to move purchase costs to partner companies. Furthermore, listings have been made simpler for parent companies because they now have the option to move costs to their subsidiaries.
- A better enterprise overview has also been designed, achieved by integrating Dynamics NAV with other Microsoft software and technology, particularly Microsoft SharePoint, business intelligence (např. BI4Dynamics), Microsoft SQL Server and also with MS Office tools. Additionally, Dynamics NAV can be integrated with the professional Microsoft Dynamics CRM tool for highly effective customer relationship management.
Known user interface
Microsoft Dynamics NAV helps to improve business processes so you and your employees can be more efficient, and capable of handling more tasks. A well-known user interface, and integration with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft technology, serves to provide a pleasant working environment that you’re already familiar with. The software therefore offers the following enhancements to your business processes:
- Lower training time because users work using an environment that they already know and use every day. Microsoft Dynamics NAV looks and behaves just like Microsoft Office Outlook so most people are able to start using it right away.
- The acceleration of workflows between team members, as they can export data from any page in the system to Microsoft Office’s XML format. Partners can prepare special formatting or templates to export data to. This allows customers to work with data from Dynamics NAV in widely used Microsoft Office products, e.g. Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.
- An always up-to-date calendar using extended and improved synchronisation between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Always being on time with Windows Live Local Search. You can view locations on maps or plan routes from one place to another directly in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Accelerates the performance of everyday tasks
You now have the option to minimise time and administrative costs through the automatisation of everyday tasks, such as creating reports and documents. You can improve control over your supply chain by using notifications that allow you to monitor critical information, potential goods shortage, manufacturing processes, cash-flow issues and so on. You can see the improvements and enhancements below:
- Simpler item tracking is now possible by using a built-in tool that allows you to look up and analyse serial and batch numbers. You can now also implement a selection method based on the expiration date – FEFO (first expired first out).
- Improved posting of consumption in service is now available, using standardised integration with item tracking, projects, appraising and improved order posting.
- Enhanced item appraisal and simpler cost tracking is another new feature. The application now contains a tool for looking up the differences between a general ledger and warehouse value, calculated from value entries. All this can be done using the simplified user interface and new calculation methods of average purchase costs.
The tool for looking up the differences between general ledger and warehouse value, calculated from value entries.
- You can also save time by using rapid implementation methodology (RIM), which is integrated directly into Microsoft Dynamics NAV. RIM provides the tools, documentation, processes and industry specific templates that help with the configuration of enterprise solutions based on the needs of your business and industry.
Improve cooperation by using Microsoft SharePoint
The system helps employees and customers to reach a new level of cooperation by using both the intranet and extranet.
- You can obtain information that you need directly from your website, even on the move. All information can be shared between employees using Microsoft Office SharePoint. Every record in NAV can point to one or several files on a portal that is accessible at any time for all employees (based on defined access rights).
- You can now speed up the approval of sales and purchase documents by inserting comments, delegating approval, notifying approvers, sending reminders via email and links pointing to sales and purchase documents stored in Microsoft Office SharePoint.
- You can use Microsoft Office SharePoint as a document management system (DMS). .
Are you interested in the ERP system?
Contact us using the form below. We will gladly offer you a free consultation.
At this year’s prestigious competition IT Product of the Year, the warehouse solution LOKIA WMS, developed by CCV Information systems has become one of the finalists. The quality and reliability of this solution is thus not only...
„Each month we deploy at least one new implementation of WMS," reveals Tomáš Kormaňák, Product Manager of LOKIA WMS, in an interview in the new issue of Computerworld magazine. What trends in warehouse management systems do you...